Friday, November 17, 2006

The Sidetrack Gig in Edmonton w/ Trevor Tchir



What a blast it's been hanging with Trevor Tchir and Kristy McKay in Edmonton. I'm uploading these pics as I listen to an LP that Trevor bought last night, by the old Edmonton band called, Jr. Gone Wild called, "Less Art More Pop" which was recorded in 1986. A very cool album and a fun soundtrack as I upload these pics for ya.


Soon I'll be back in Victoria. I can't believe that it's almost been four months since the last time I was practicing my guitar by the Pacific Ocean with the harbour seal keeping me company. I still haven't figured out where I'm going next as I have two weeks until my Victoria show and I want to make the best use of my Greyhound bus pass. Maybe Calgary, maybe Nelson, maybe Vancouver...maybe all three. It's nice to finally have a bit of time to chill out.


Here's some pics from my show with Trevor at the Sidetrack. It was one of the best shows I've done yet. It warmed my heart to share the stage with Trevor and his brother Stephen who also plays in a band called 5 O'Clock Charlie. What a fantastic show! Trevor played harmonica with me on "Life's Gonna Turn Around For You" and Stephen played some ambient electric sounds on "Crying on the Inside." It was pure magic. I played flute on Trevor's "One by One," from his album, "Wooden Castles Fall." You can hear my flute solo on that song by going to Trevor's MySpace page: www.myspace.com/trevortchir. All of Trevor's albums are fantastic but "Wooden Castles Fall" is my fave.

Trevor Tchir, Mickey Valee (Trevor's accordion player) and bro Stephen Tchir

This cracked us all up! Nothing like your hometown club getting your name wrong!

Trevor Tchir

Trevor and band...Allyson on drums and you already know the rest of the boys.

Me getting ready to perform with Trevor on "One by One." Man, I need a haircut!

Trevor playing on "Life's Gonna Turn Around For You"

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home