Friday, October 06, 2006

Back in Montreal

Hey Friends,

Now that I've shared some pics, I thought I would get you up-to-date on all I've been up to.

So I just travelled for 16 hours from Charlottetown, PEI to Montreal, Quebec. I'm spending a few days here for POP Montreal and then head straight to New York City! I'm so excited! It's been a few years since I've been to New York so I'm really looking forward to spending Canadian Thanksgiving there. I'll be giving a bunch of touring workshops in the music schools and hanging out with my best friend, classical flutist Conor Nelson. I'm sure there'll be some pretty outrageous stories about my times there. Conor and I always experience crazy fun times when we hang out together. I'm already charging up the batteries to take lots of pics with the camera and I have a new journal in hand...

My touring out in Eastern Canada was a blast. Fave spots was playing in St. John's NFLD, Seaforth NS, Berwick NS, St. Andrews, NB and Charlottetown, PEI. I am thinking of touring out east again next summer and spending more time enjoying the nature out there and the fun company of my new friends. It was sad to say goodbye to the east yesterday and very sad to say goodbye to all the beautiful folks I recently met out there. There's something about being so close to the ocean - it's food for the soul and inspires me so much. I wrote a whole bunch of new songs while I was out there and they all have this different sort of feel.

Having met so many beautiful people along the way always makes it very difficult to say goodbye. Guess that's the good part of touring - knowing that I will see everyone next time I'm passing through.

Well, that's it for in regards to touring rambles. I'll write again when I get a chance...

Love Rozalind

2 Comments:

At 8:16 a.m. , Blogger Unknown said...

I loved the pictures! I agree, everyone must go to Newfoundland sometime . . .

 
At 2:27 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

stephen from you say party! we say die!

back in february in edmonton, you said you were gonna put some flute on our next album....

so....
we are recording in january.
we're poor and can't really pay you, but you insisted and i remembered....
so here we are...

email us back here

yousaywesay@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home