Friday, October 06, 2006

Eastern Canada Pics - Part 1b

And there's more...St. John's, Newfoundland. I think every Canadian should get to experience Newfoundland for themselves at least once in their lifetime. The beauty of this Canadian gem brought tears to my eyes during my long drive to St. John's. There's a real sense of history in this place. You've got to experience it for itself to truly understand.













A puzzling tourist moment on my way to Signal Hill in St. John's, Newfoundland . I walked through this really cool spot where there were colourful homes everywhere and all with interesting things to look at. What a magical hike it was that day. I got to see the most beautiful spots in the sunshine as I picked and ate wild blueberries the entire way!










More interesting signs in the same hood and only in St. Johns!










Enjoying the most eastern tip of North America - Cape Spear. That night, there was a huge storm from the remnants of the hurricane which brought the rain down like I've never seen before. The trees were holding on tight to their roots. We went out drinking.










Me and my good friend Evelyn. Evelyn is living in St. John's where she is doing her Doctorate in Music. I spent four glorious days with Evelyn and her boyfriend Peter in their beautiful home.










Playing at The Ship's open stage in St. John's. Love that spot.










The Tall Grass Festival in Seaforth, Nova Scotia! This place was heaven on earth...










The magical musical lineup for the festival.










What a lovely mermaid!













Halifax singer-songwriter and good friend Ian Sherwood. Ian did an amazing set as the beautiful sun was setting. It was a special moment amongst special people. I don't think you'll ever meet a nicer fellow than Ian. Ask anyone who knows him. They will agree.













Halifax's talented and inspiring Jenn Grant. I really enjoyed Jenn's performance. We'll be seeing and hearing much more from Jenn in the near future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home