Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Eastern Canadian Pics - Part 2



Sitting on the beach, only a ten minute walk from Krista's property in Seaforth where I sat all afternoon and practised guitar, writing my new song, "Letting You Go." I was in heaven! I was on the beach, entirely alone for hours.



My good friends from Seaforth, Nova Scotia, artist-in-residence Eva, Sandy (Krista's Mom) and Krista herself, the music director of the Tall Grass Festival



The Underground Cafe and Alternative Bookstore gang in Fredericton. These folks rocked. We partied it up all night at their place, watching Devo videos, drinking beer and having great chats.



George, part of the Underground. Awesome guy. One of the folks who was cleaning while we took the last pic so I caught him in the morning before I left for Berwick. Gonna miss those folks...



My fave show sign so far...



Hosting the Open Stage at the Union Street Cafe in Berwick, Nova Scotia. (Heather, Rozalind, Tyler and Darrin, left to right)



My new Halifax friends Lindsey and Claire. Thank goodness Lindsey was home when I called her that rainy night in Halifax. I had just played a show at the One World Cafe, the night the Rolling Stones took over the city. One of my least favourite gigs ever and one of those moments when I was questioning why I was subjecting myself to this lifestyle that I currently live in. I had nowhere to stay and was soaking wet from having to hitch a ride into Halifax earlier that day. Let's just say that I was relieved when Lindsey answered the phone...



Yes, this was a special treat. Seeing Sloan perform at The Seahorse was some serious fun! They put on an after party at tone of their old stomping grounds. One of the folks at the show commented on how nice it was to see the Seahorse back to life again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home