Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Exhausted in Eastern Canada

So I'm now at the other end of Canada. Even got myself to the most eastern part of North America...Wow, someone pinch me as I can't believe I'm actually here and really can't believe that I've travelled this far.

I've been all over the place. Got myself to St. John's, Newfoundland when a friendly Newfoundland trucker offered me a ride from the other side of the island. Spent some crazy times in Halifax (do I ever have some good stories for you) and I caught Sloan perform an intimate show at the Seahorse after the Rolling Stones concert which took over the entire city! I had a yummy lobster dinner with my father in Sussex New Brunswick who I have only met a handful of times. Partied it up with many fun folks in Fredericton at the Underground Cafe and Alternative Bookstore. Had the most beautiful experience playing at the Tall Grass Festival in Seaforth, Nova Scotia. Been writing a bunch of new songs. I've been busy alright.

I am writing to you from Berwick, Nova Scotia, where I am resting up before I head out for a few more shows. The wonderful folks at the Union Street Cafe offered me their apartment for a few days to catch up on paperwork and get a little R&R. Thank goodness for the kindness of good people.

It's been an exhausting part of the tour. So much travelling on the bus and not enough time to rest up in between shows. I'm totally wiped. It's pretty lonely being on the road for so long and I'm really craving some time with close friends and family. It feels like I've been on the road forever. It's a real blessing to have the opportunity to be touring but it definitely eats away at you after a few months.

Things that make the difference while being on the road: dentalfloss and my travel toothbrush, trail mix, good tunes (listening lots to Final Fantasy, Ghost Bees and Museum Pieces), long distance calling cards, wireless internet and fresh veggies.

Now it's time for the pics. I'll write a more detailed entry about the tour on LJ when I get a chance.

Much Love,

Rozalind

1 Comments:

At 12:49 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, thank heavens for kind, thoughtful people. I'm glad you're resting up a bit. You go girl!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home