Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hello Canada, Goodbye Victoria

This is my new home for the winter, 426 Kinver Street in Victoria's beautiful Esquimalt. It's a great spot. I am staying in the basement of Juliana and Douglas McCorison's home. Although I have only been living here for a short bit, it already feels like family and it feels good. Definitely going to miss my cozy bed while I'm on the road, as well as all my new Victoria friends.
This is the fisherman's wharf, a two minute walk from 426 Kinver. I go there to practice my guitar and pick yummy blackberrries off of the bushes! : ) Felt a picture of the Canadian flag was in order considering what I am about to embark on very soon.

A gorgeous spot where I sit by the ocean. This pic was taken on my last night in Victoria before heading out on my cross Canada tour. Breathtaking. At the same time I was admiring the sunset, I was also visited twice by the local seal who was just as interested in checking me out as I was him. A very cool moment...Gonna miss the magic of this place but many adventures to come...
Goodbye Victoria, hello Canada! Am I ever excited and scared to hit the road. Never been touring on my own to so many unfamiliar places and for such a long period of time. Four months to be exact, travelling with a Greyhound bus pass.

Lots of stories soon, that's a promise. Wish me luck! : )

Love Rozalind

1 Comments:

At 12:18 p.m. , Blogger Amanda Earl said...

beautiful photos. am coming to your show at rasputin's with angie karp. :) can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home