Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hello From Beautiful Victoria

Howdy Everyone!

I'm writing to you from Vancouver Island's beautiful Victoria. I am going to be based here for the rest of the summer months as I just love it here so much.

My good friends Juliana and Douglas recently invited me to stay in their lovely home and I would have been very silly not to have taken them up on their generous offer! Picture this: the ocean only a two minute walk away with a gorgeous view of the mountains, lush and beautiful gardens everywhere with many roses of all sorts releasing their intoxicating perfume, seals playing in the water as I practice my acoustic guitar by the ocean, stargazing into the clear night sky with the refreshing and cool ocean air blowing on my face... I finally feel like I have a place I can call home and it feels good.

The one thing I have really learned about being on the road is how hard it is to always be on the go and to not have a place I can call my own. Juliana and Douglas invited me to stay in their home after they found out that I was having a bit of a difficult time. I was getting really tired of constantly couch surfing, tired of not having my own personal space and exhausted by always being on the move. After talking with Juliana over the phone, we both agreed that it was time for a rest. I knew I made the right choice the moment I hopped on that ferry. It was meant to be.

Last night, I went out for the first time in ages. I played at the Logan's Pub open stage. Met Clay George, this amazing singer-songwriter who had me in awe with his soothing and sexy voice. We played lots of tunes together throughout the night and a fave moment was when I got to jam with him to my favourite Bob Dylan tune, "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright." I had a blast performing on my own as well and got a very positive response. People were even dancing to my tunes!

So life feels good again. Time for some new songs... : )

Love Rozalind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home