Sunday, April 17, 2005

Joel Plaskett, Peter Elkas and Matthew Barber

I'm finally getting caught up with blogging! I was feeling so bad this week about holding off on sending my last touring posts. Now that everything's stored in the laptop, it'll be easier to keep on top of it all.

So I had so much fun last night at the Black Sheep in Wakefield, helping out and selling merchandise for the Peter Elkas, Joel Plaskett and Matthew Barber show. Those guys all did amazing sets. It was the first time I had ever seen Joel and Pete play live. Listening to Joel's new CD "La De Da" as I write - pure magic. Those guys had the audience captivated from the very get go. It was something to watch. Joel and Pete's performance of "Happen Now" gave me goosebumps. After last night's show, Joel, Matt and I hung out upstairs, listening to Joel's interesting stories about his recording experience in Arizona and all about how he purchased his beautiful acoustic guitar. I also had a good chat with Pete earlier that evening about the Island as he recorded his CD "Party of One" with Don Kerr at the Gas Station. I'm really looking forward to recording there this summer.

Fun times...How I love meeting all these new folks. Peter and Joel are performing a second show as we speak and I'm sure it's just as magical as last night's was. Definately check those guys out next time they perform in your city. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Not much more to report for now...I'm taking it easy today, enjoying this gorgeous sunshine and working on a new song. Can't wait until I get better at writing lyrics. So far, I feel like a complete beginner and everything's coming out like I'm in grade 3! All my songwriter friends tell me that it gets easier and I certainly hope so as I suck at it right now!

Talk soon,

Love Rozalind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home