Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Sleepless Goat

The Sleepless Goat, Kingston - Saturday April 9, 2pm

How I love having a laptop. I’m sitting at the Sleepless Goat, an amazing veggie restaurant in downtown Kingston. Kingston is such a nice place! It’such a sunny beautiful day…I’ve been walking around downtown, checking it all out. I even stumbled upon a farmer’s market this morning which was pretty cool. I wrote a song about my first experience hanging in Kingston while jamming on my friend Chris’s guitar this morning.

Chris was super sweet to let me stay at his place last night. I am always amazed by the generous hospitality people offer me while I’m on the road. Chris left me the best directions for finding his place when I stumbled in at 5am this morning. It’s the little things that I always seem to notice the most, like how Chris posted signs up on the doors and on the floor to direct me to where I was going in his apartment. Lucky me, I got my own room as the Brood and Acorn guys had to share one small hotel room!!! It really helps to have friends in distant cities.

Us Brood and Acorn folks all partied with a bunch of locals last night after the show. It was a lot of fun. I love meeting new people all the time. One definate advantage of being on the road, that’s for sure. So the show was so much fun last night although we didn’t get as many people out as we were expecting and were really rushed to do the sound. The Brood guys wowed the audience and had everyone dancing to their truly addictive high energy tunes. The Acorn guys are sounding really tight and I’m loving the fast tempo tunes they are now writing. I think the Brood energy has been getting under their skin in a good way as their performance last night was extremely captivating. I had so much fun performing “Books” with them. The flute sounds really nice in it. Never got the chance to play with the Poets as was planned due to a rushed soundcheck but expect a guest appearance in the near future and there’s also some talk of recording as well.

OK, I think it’s about time to go…Gotta meet up with Brad and the other blueScreen folks to get to TO for tonight’s show. Such a short stay in Kingston but how I love this place so much already. I could see myself really enjoying spending some time here…

Love Rozalind