Monday, April 04, 2005

The Final Blow Up in TO

I know, I know, it took me long enough! I've been busy! Really, I have been.

So the final Blow Up at the El Mocambo was absolutely amazing! I haven't had that much fun at a party in years! It's seems like everyone who was at Blow Up had an amazing time. It feels like an end to an era, the moment when you feel like nothing will ever be the same again.

DJ Davy Love started Blow Up in 1995, inspired in part by the London club of the same name, as a space to dress sharp and dance late into the night to the latest UK imports mixed with '60s soul and psychedelia. For 10 years, it went strong, being hosted by a bunch of Toronto bars including the Green Room, the El Mocambo and Lee’s Palace. I spent many Saturday nights dancing away at Blow Up with my fellow In Support of Living bandmates after our rehearsals. We always had a great time. Thanks to Davy who put on an awesome party for those 10 years. We're gonna miss it.

The Final Blow Up - March 26, 2005 - El Mocambo

The Bands:

The October Guard
The Long Knives
The Positions
The Gardens Faithful
In Support Of Living
*The Disraelis
*The Empires
*The Diableros
*The 2 Koreas
Headquarters
The Ladies & Gentlemen
Boy Ballz

* my fave bands

And the DJs:

Mike McCann
Darrell Joseph (Bangers)
Matt Blair
Duncan Rands
Adam Gorley
Trevor Young (Mash)
Davy

The Elmo was packed that night with so many outrageously fun and cool people from all over Toronto. And the best part of the night was definately when The Soundtrack of Our Lives from Sweden performed a surprise set!!!

A night to remember...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home