Saturday, February 10, 2007

New Song - Tofino Kiss

























































These pictures are taken from a recent trip I made to Tofino, on the west side of Vancouver Island. My friend Pat from Vancouver needed a bit of an escape from the big city so he rented a car and picked me up for a fun and relaxing road trip. It was an amazing experience. I just wrote a heartwarming song about our trip after Pat sent me his beautiful poem.

TOFINO KISS

Lyrics by Pat Meehan and Rozalind MacPhail

Can't stand the lessons
Of my sad obsessions
Need to get away from my today

Take a slow boat West
To be a guest
Enjoy some gentle served up sober

Get my first sight
Of the beach at night
A little scared but not alone

Stopped in our tracks
Woods at our back
By One. Sweet. Shooting. Star.

And a Tofino kiss
That's a little amiss
Love but no sparks flying
A Tofino kiss
As we make our wish
Don't know how to let go but I'm trying

Wake up with the day
Start back on my way
Took too much from a friend

Leave much more aware
Soul laid bare
Many memories now mine

And that Tofino kiss
That was a little amiss
Love but no sparks flying
That Tofino kiss
As we made our wish
Don't know how to get there but I'm trying

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:52 a.m. , Blogger DeannaBanana said...

Hey sweetie!!! I hope everything is going well with your tour! I just wanted to say that I love this song, you are so very talented!
Best wishes.
xo Dee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home