Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Eastern Canadian Musicians Rock!

Matt Mays and band performs in Victoria - Jan 30, 2007


Eastern Canadian Musicians Rock!

I've been reminded of this fact time and time again and was ever so happily reminded of it again tonight.

I just returned from seeing a stellar performance by Dartmouth's Matt Mays and Halifax's Museum Pieces. It was just another reminder of what is so darn special about those talented Eastern Canadian musicians...

There's nothing like seeing an amazing show to really get those creative juices flowing. It gets you feeling good about living life and gets you really thinking about things that matter. After seeing tonight's show, I was totally inspired to start writing some new songs and I can't wait to pick up my guitar in the morning.What was it that made tonight's performance so darn good? It's hard to say and even harder to put into words. I guess you just had to be there to experience it for yourself. One thing I can say for sure is that everyone's love for the music and for performing radiated from that stage tonight. All the musicians performing were having such a great time which in return made the audience totally enthusiastic. What fantastic musicans! I loved the songs, I loved the musical dialogue, I loved the rhythm, I got goosebumps from the vocal harmonies and can I repeat myself when I say that I absolutely LOVED the songs! The stories were great too. It was a great show from beginning to end and I left that bar feeling on top of the world. It made me feel special and proud to be a part of such a beautiful and talented musical community.

It especially made me feel good when Matt dedicated a song to all the musicians dedicating their life to music, especially to the ones who are on the road. At that moment, I realized that I am not alone, that there are many of us out there and that we all have a special purpose. It's not an easy life to be a musican and it's really wonderful when others acknowledge the sacrifices that us musicians make on a daily basis to continue sharing our music with our world. Matt, you gave me hope and you also reminded me of why I am doing this. Thank you. : )

It's getting late here but before I go, I thought I would give you a list of links to some Eastern Canadian musicians who I greatly admire:

In Flight Safety
Matt Mays
Museum Pieces
Jenn Grant
The Novaks
Rose Cousins
Down With The Butterfly
Tanya Davis
Ian Sherwood
Mark Bragg
Dave Carmichael
Old Man Luedecke
Sherry Ryan
Jill Barber
Don Brownrigg
Buck 65
Amelia Curran
Air Traffic Control
Drea MacDonald
Hey Rosetta
Julie Doiron
David Myles
Joel Plaskett
Shotgun and Jaybird

There are so many others but that's a good start...

Many Smiles,

Rozalind

1 Comments:

At 3:24 p.m. , Blogger iamnasra said...

No much comments in your blog ...loved your photos when you have taken by proffesional photgrapher...goood luck

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home