Friday, June 03, 2005

Marc Charron's Show...A Night to Remember

Well I have finally recovered enough to write a new blog entry! Last night was one of those nights that goes down in history...

I was performing last night with Marc Charron for his tour launch show/party at Zaphod's. What a great time and what an awesome night of music. Not only did Marc make the Zaphod's stage look the coolest I've ever seen it (with cool lighting and props), he also had a pinata with the yummiest treats and a slide show where he showed us pics of him skiing behind "cat hill" (behind the parliament buildings). Never knew that it was even possible to ski back there but hey, the pics proved it. The story goes that the "cat man" apparently said to Marc that it's the first time in seventeen years that he's ever seen someone try to do that. Only Marc...

And to top it all off, Marc completely shocked us all by pulling a move I've never seen done in Ottawa. He stripped buck naked for his last song! Yup, we were all completely surprised and amazed as that certainly took guts! Just Marc and his acoustic guitar, it was a pretty cool and fun moment. That one definitely goes down in history.

I want to wish Marc the best of luck as he begins his musical journey across Canada. Have a safe and outrageous journey Marc! You make Ottawa proud. Can't wait to hear the stories when you get home. : )

Well have a great weekend everyone. For those of you living close to Guelph, you gotta check out Track and Field which is an awesome weekend music festival. I'd be there if I had a vehicle to get me there! A bunch of my fave bands are performing at it, including The Acorn, Great Lake Swimmers, SS Cardiacs, Kids on TV and Jon Rae and the Choir. I've been told that Track and Field is an amazing time. I've never been but I plan to go next summer. That being said, there's lots of fun to be had here in Ottawa as well...I'll be drooling over all the funky artwork at the Glebe's Art in the Park. I'm also looking forward to writing some new songs (with better lyrics) out in the good ol' sunshine now that I have myself a new rhyming dictionary. And let me not forget my favourite Bikram Yoga class and my flutin' practice. It ain't no Track and Field but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

Love Rozalind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home