Thursday, February 24, 2005

On to Hamilton...Bye Toronto!

What a great day so far. The touring workshop is done and it was a blast. I learned so much. I now feel like I'm ready to start writing some Canada Arts Council grants for touring.

I saw some great shows last night. Went to the Rivoli for their Cabaret Night and it was so much fun! They had spoken word, film and music. I can't wait to move back to Toronto so I can be more part of the artistic vibe here. Toronto's got some really special stuff. Gentleman Reg and Picastro both performed awesome sets last night. I really like Gentleman Reg's songs...and Picastro is an old favourite. I remember meeting those folks a while back in Ottawa at a hole in the wall bar called Bumpers. Kinda cool to see them again and to still feel as connected to their tunes as I did then.

This morning, Lindsay, Yael and I went to teach a music career workshop at an alternative highschool called Cityschool. It was great - we got to play some tunes and talked lots about songwriting, cool performing and learning experiences as well as giving advice about a career in music. It was a really fun experience for us and I think a lot of the students got stuff out of it as well. If any of you folks are reading this, I wanted to say thanks for having us. Can't wait to do something like that again!

OK, I'm being told that I gotta get off of the computer. We're all in a rush to leave for Hamilton but I wanted to at least touch base and let you all know how it's going. We are soooo looking forward to our show tonight! I'll write about it when I get to a computer again...

See ya!

Love Rozalind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home