Monday, February 21, 2005

Toronto Island and CHFI!!!

Wow wow wow! How else do you describe the magical times that I have been having while on tour. There really aren't any words to describe it. I feel so special and truly fortunate to be performing with so many gifted musicians. And what a magical evening it was at The Rectory on Toronto Island! The place was full of warm and friendly faces...all familiar ones too which was so nice. I had a special guest, actually many special guests and there were many very touching moments. The girls: Lindsay, Yael and Jennifer sang their beautiful hearts out! They inspire me and fill me with so much happiness when I play their songs. Lindsay, you are a star. Yael, you are an angel, Jennifer, you are a tuly beautiful soul. I want to thank everyone who came out to our show tonight. Your support was so wonderful.

Yael and I had a fun trip back to the city, just in time to get to CHFI FM radio for our live performance. We were practising in the warm Ongiara ferry cabin as Ken smiled and quietly listened. Our song had to be two and a half minutes long an we had ten minutes to get it just right...do you know how tough that is? We did it though and it was a beautiful performance. I can't explain the pressure both of us felt just before we went on - it was so intense. What am I saying? It was super intense, knowing that so many people were tuned into the show. It was a special and beautiful moment.

Well, I am off to a workshop for the Canada Arts Council tomorrow at 9am. I'm still wired from all that just happened but must get to bed.

Mom, you rock. Thank you!

Love Rozalind