Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Some Neat Pics from Valentine's Day

I took all of these pics yesterday, during a very fun Banff Valentine's Day. Thought I would post them in case some of the folks who I spent such a fun day with are looking at this. : )

Some of my friends from the Banff Centre. We were outside, celebrating the opening of Paula's ice hut creation at the "G Spot." We danced, played music, drank dark rum in cups made out of ice and burned a lovely campfire as the sun set behind the mountains. A very magical time.

My good friend Fred

Contemplating...Or at least trying to...It was soooo cold!!! I'm with my composer friend Damien.

Johnston Canyon, such a magical spot. My friend Adam took me for a really beautiful hike earlier in the day. You wouldn't believe how blue the ice was, just like a beautiful blue sky. Simply breathtaking.

You can see the blue better in this pic...

And the ultimate part of the hike, just at the very end. you gotta experience it for yourself to truly understand...Thank you Adam for taking me to this special spot! : )

So this is my friend Adam who made my day such a fun one. He called me up on Valentine's morning, letting me know that he was in town and we ended up spending a really great day together. Thanks Adam! You helped make my Valentine's one of the most memorable ones I've ever had! : ) And thanks for the guitar lessons! Adam taught me how to play bar chords as well as taught me how to play a few great tunes. Adam's from Port Dover, Ontario and is out here working on the oil rigs. I met him in Banff after a Bruno's jam and we've been partying it up and playing lots of fun music together ever since. This picture was taken in my music hut late at night while we were jamming...Man, that was so much fun! It's the first time I've tried to play with another guitarist. Wasn't very good at it but now I know what I need to practice - quicker chord changes! Can't wait to do it again...

Well that's it for now folks. Thanks to all of you who made my V Day so special. It was such a memorable one... : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home