Sunday, February 12, 2006

Chasing Sunshine - From Mystery Poet Boy

Photo: Rozalind MacPhail

So I met an Australian guy at Bruno's a while back. We've had the nicest chats each week and I keep asking him when he's going to perform at the Open Stage. Last Wednesday, we chatted as we always do and I asked him if he would write a title for a new song in my songwriting book. He kept my book for a very long time and gave it back to me just as he was leaving the bar. I didn't look at it until much later in the evening and was just blown away when I did! It's strange when someone you hardly know anything about writes something that is so revealing about who you are. He was dead on and I thank him for his words as they have taught me a huge life lesson. You also must see the gorgeous handwriting that MPB used to put his poem in my songwriting book. It is artwork in itself. I still don't even know his name, hence, Mystery Poet Boy for now... : ) Last night, as I was admiring the moon while practicing in my hut, I wrote the music to his poem and plan to perform it at Bruno's this Wednesday, for solo voice.

Chasing Sunshine

Words by Mystery Poet Boy
Music by Rozalind MacPhail

So go now be happy
and enjoy these days
Smile for the weather if fine
We can't let the notes, lead to material antidotes,
because we can't buy back our time!

For me happiness is the ultimate,
yet many people spend time
doing things that they believe
will lead to happiness in the
future.

Why not be happy now?
Chase dreams
Break boundaries
Burn to Shine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home