Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Sexy Sadie Takes Her Own Journey...

Sadie, my bestest friend, my dog, passed away late this morning. Many of you met her or at least knew about her. She was one cool dog! I wrote a song for her this morning, before she passed away. She was cuddling up to me on my bed as I was jamming away on the classical guitar.

Here are the lyrics:

PRETTY GIRL

Why so many goodbyes?
I just don't want you to leave.
But the time seems right,
fate plays its role...
And us best friends bid farewell for now...

Will you run with me on my adventures around the world?
Will you stick with me in the hot and in the cold?
Will I feel your warmth, your unconditional love?
Will you keep me safe?
Will you watch the world?

I stare at you, hold you tight.
Don't want to say goodnight anytime soon
Can't imagine the world without you.
Your time's up too soon.
Gonna miss you.

Will Opa meet you at the gate?
Will you visit me when it's getting late?
What will life be like without you?
That time has come far too soon.

Love Rozalind

3 Comments:

At 1:29 a.m. , Blogger 8237653928756237956238 said...

Take care of yourself Rozalind...

 
At 9:39 p.m. , Blogger Amanda Earl said...

Sorry to hear of the passing of Sadie, Rozalind. We are hoping to make your show on Sunday night!
your old Nostalgica pal, Amanda

 
At 1:33 p.m. , Blogger Mystery Flute Girl said...

Oh you are all such special people for acknowledging the sadness of losing Sadie and offering your words of kindness to me. Thank you. It has been a rough spell but I'm getting through it, day by day. Trying to focus on the present moment instead of the past, that sort of thing...

Warm Wishes,

Love Rozalind

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home