Saturday, October 22, 2005

Upcoming Shows

Hi Friends,

I wanted to let everyone know about a few fun shows that I'll be performing:

Saturday October 22, 9pm
Black Sheep Inn, Wakefield
Peter Katz

Sunday November 6, 9pm
Manx Pub, Ottawa
Ronley Teper

Sunday November 27, 5pm - 11pm
Zaphod's, Ottawa
Rozalind's Last Show in Ottawa...

A very special gathering of musical guests from my past 7 years of performing flute in Ottawa.

Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. $15 gets you my new EP and a ticket to the show.

Confirmed Acts*

Melwood Cutlery
Lindsay Ferguson
Neil Gerster
Kevin Grant
Melissa Laveaux and Rob Reid
Ana Miura
Patricia Rodi

* more names to be added soon

This will be my last show in Ottawa before I move to a new city. The time has come to go exploring different music scenes around the country. The first stop, Banff, Alberta!
I have been invited to attend the Banff Centre for the Arts for January 2006. I need to raise $5000 in order to attend this special program. Although I received a $5600 scholarship from the Banff Centre, I still need to raise another $5000 to cover the remaining costs of the program. During my time in Banff, I plan to focus on my solo songwriting project as an artist-in-residence as well as collaborate with other visiting artists from all over the world.

I'll be releasing my new EP at the Nov 27th show, titled, "Gas Station Sessions" which was recently recorded on Toronto Island with producer Dale Morningstar. It includes my song, "Into Me, a first-ever for me on guitar, flute and voice. Other tracks include original tunes by songstress extraordinare Lindsay Ferguson with me on flute.

Come join us on November the 27th to celebrate my seven years in Ottawa and to hear lots of very special Ottawa music one last time.

That's it for now folks. Thanks for reading to the end. I hope to see all of you very soon...

Love Rozalind

www.rozalindmacphail.com

3 Comments:

At 9:49 p.m. , Blogger Eroick said...

Is the Zaphod's show all ages or licenced?

 
At 9:41 p.m. , Blogger Mystery Flute Girl said...

Hi Eric,

I am working on making this show all ages so I'll keep you posted on that one...Need to get the OK from Zaphod's before I will know. I should find out by the end of next week.

All the best,

Love Rozalind

 
At 11:25 p.m. , Blogger Mystery Flute Girl said...

Bad news Eric,

Only folks 19+ can get into the show. I tried to make it all ages but Zaphod's won't go for that. We'll see what I can do to offer something for you younger folks in regards to a performance you can see before I move.

Any ideas? I'm up for suggestions... : )

Love Rozalind

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home