Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Feeling Better

Hi Friends,

Well it seems as if life is taking a turn for the better. Thanks to each and every one of you who went out of their way to make sure I was doing ok during this very challenging time. The good news is that I'm back on track and feeling much better.

So what's been going on? Well, I just got back from a tour with In Support of Living, recorded some new material with Dale Morningstar at the Gas Station on Toronto Island for my upcoming EP, I'm working on putting together one last big show in Ottawa before I move away from Ottawa on Sunday November 27th (mark your calendars) and today, I get to play for Lou Barlow during his soundcheck in Montreal and maybe even the show! I am so excited to be heading out to Montreal today. Last night, I met Lou after his magical solo set at Ottawa's Babylon Nightclub. Just like I was taken back by Yo La Tengo a few years back, I just had to offer my flute services to Lou after hearing his amazing set. What a fantastic songwriter! I knew lots about Lou but had never heard any of his material. I was blown away. When I talked with Lou, he was super cool with me, offering for us to try something out together during his soundcheck this evening in Montreal. If he likes what he hears today, it looks like I'll be playing at La Sala Rossa with him tonight! Crazy how that kind of stuff happens in this musical world of ours. I had already rescheduled everything today in order to see Winnipeg's Mahogany Frog at the Green Room in Montreal as they were so amazing when they performed at Ottawa's Zaphod's last Sunday. Now it looks like I have two reasons to go to visit Montreal...Wish me luck! : )

I'll write about my adventures when I get home. Check out my blog on the weekend and I should have the stories up by then as well as many others I have been promising to share...

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love Rozalind
http://www.rozalindmacphail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home