Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Oh Boy, This One's a Doozy

So we fired two members of In Support of Living today. Yup, you read that correctly. Lots of changes coming ahead for the band. This one had been brewing for a long time and last weekend was the final straw.

So what happened you ask? Too many things but this is what happened last weekend.

First, James decided not to show up at Friday night's band rehearsal and didn't even call to apologize. Then both Nathan and James double booked themselves on Saturday, saying they couldn't make the Ear to the Ground fundraiser show because of a barbecue! And then in Hamilton on Sunday, James and Nathan went missing for over an hour and a half after our show ended and we couldn't find them anywhere. After waiting for what seemed like eternity and searching for them in all the neighbouring bars twice, we decided to drive back to Toronto without them. It felt just aweful to drive away without them in the van but all of us were exhausted and we had done all we could to try to find them. Cal, Scott, Brad and myself were worried sick that something bad had happened to them and we didn't know what to do. Nope, nothing bad had happened to them. They had just selfishly gone drinking and didn't tell a soul where they were going. They had pulled a similar stunt earlier in the evening when they disappeared for drinks during what was supposed to be our soundcheck and didn't bother to tell me where they were going. And let's not forget them arriving half an hour late for showtime as well as them performing completely drunk on stage! Needless to say, I was extremely embarrased by my bandmates that night. I wish I could just erase the whole thing from my memory as it left such a bad taste in my mouth.

A bizarre coincidence:

Cal had just been telling us a story on our way to Hamilton about a touring band that had left one of it's bandmates in Edmonton due to similar bullshit. It took the guy three days to catch up to the band! Luckily, Nathan and James only had to pay $150 to get themselves back to Toronto by cab but not without Brad and I paying for it in nasty threats during the middle of the night. Nathan and James showed up at both Brad's parent's house as well as Cal and Scott's house where they acted extremely aggressive towards both Brad and myself, to the point that Brad ended up calling 911 on them.

It makes me sad that all this went down and that we had to fire those guys. We shared so many great times together over the past bunch of years. Even with all the bullshit, I'm going to miss those boys. Unfortunately, they just went too far over the edge and now there's just no going back.

And just when you thought I was finished, I got another story for you...

My bus trip back to Ottawa on Monday ended up being a serious nightmare. The bus broke down on the 401 and we had no air conditioning the whole time. It took nine hours to get back to Ottawa in what usually takes four and a half hours. Talk about a brutal ride! They always say that bad things happen in threes. I believe it.

Well there you have it. What an aweful weekend I had but hey, sometimes we need to experience the bad in order to truly appreciate the good. Never a dull moment in my life, that's for sure.

Love Rozalind

3 Comments:

At 1:09 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you on crack? She must be on crack.

 
At 3:15 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aweful is mispelled several times. There shouldn't be an E. It leads us to think of awe... full of awe...

'awful' is the correct word for most of what we see on this site...

Perhaps the writing school in Banff will help. A little more expensive than your average dictionary, but when you're such a big star, 'what the hey', as they say. And the dining there is fine, fine.

 
At 6:33 p.m. , Blogger Mystery Flute Girl said...

Hee Hee! Very funny...Sometimes I can't help but laugh at the comments I get from total strangers on the web.

Well I'm not on crack but I am one of the world's worst spellers, I won't deny that one...Thanks for pointing that one out to me. Think I'm going to use spellcheck from now on... : )

As for your comment about my website being 'awful', well, hey, I never asked you to look at it and you seemed interested enough to leave your mark by commenting on my blog.

I have a suggestion for you: Go find something else to read on the web that may be more of interest to you instead of being so critical of my spelling...Seems like a waste of time to me.

We are all human...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home