Friday, June 17, 2005

Fun Times Continue

So the fun times continue.

Last night I went out to see a show in Ottawa with my friend Lindsay. The Novaks were performing at Zaphod's.

Lindsay had told me about their show weeks back, saying that they were my kind of music. Well she was right! It turns out that Lindsay spent some time with a few of The Novaks folks back when she was living in St. John's. Talk about a small world!

I had a great time listening to those guys perform. Everyone in the audience was totally into it as the guys put on a truly awesome show. I was amazed by their drummer, Elliot, who had the most remarkable energy, spark and skill in his playing. A really good drummer makes a really good band, that's for sure. Mick had the coolest voice and such a captivating stage presence. Mark had the most memorable grooves going on and he sang great vocal harmonies. And Chuck wowed me with some remarkable guitar melodies. Yeah...they're a great band. I look forward to hearing them again and their new CD when it comes out.

So after the show, I continued to have fun times hanging out with The Novaks guys out in Stittsville where they were staying for the night. I had never been out to Stittsville so it was cool to get out there. I was hoping that maybe the stars would be extra beautiful out there and that I could get some fresh air, far away from the polluted Market streets. I learned that night that Stittville is more like a quiet suburb of Kanata (don't shoot me for saying that folks!). I definitely enjoyed all the fresh air in a more peaceful surrounding with some good company and great stories but no beautiful stars! Hanging out with those guys reminded me of all the things that happen to you while you're on the road. You know, the little things, like when your long distance friends always take good care of you, when you meet the most intriguing and beautiful people where you least expect it, when you sometimes get homesick, missing the ones you love and when you grow tired of the many miles of travelling between Canadian cities. I'm glad that I got to hang out with The Novaks folks. Just more the reason to get out to Newfoundland someday and see what St. John's is all about...

It was really nice to meet you Mick, Mark, Chuck and Elliot. Good luck on the road with Sam Roberts guys! See you soon...

Love Rozalind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home