Monday, September 07, 2009

Thoughts From Newfoundland

Wow, I think I totally forgot that I even had this blog until like 5 minutes ago when I stumbled upon it and was embarrassed to discover that it's been over a year since I last posted! I'll try to post more often from now on. : )

Lots has changed since I last posted here. For one, I've settled down in St. John's, Newfoundland to start recording the new album which I will be calling, "It Is What It Is." I've also completed two cross-Canada tours since last summer and experienced some pretty amazing places.

I initially moved to St. John's for the summer but that soon changed to staying until December and now, well, I'm making it home and I wouldn't be surprised if it's for many years to come.

St. John's is amazing. They've got an amazing indie scene here and I am in love with the people. I have a great apartment in downtown St. John's where I have been enjoying lots of quiet time to focus on making music. Been writing lots of new material and composing music for film while waitressing to save up for the album. It's great to be enjoying the simple things in life again.